The best way to learn in English, earn University credits and progress to the 2nd year of your Bachelor’s Degree
The International Year One is a 11-month program offered jointly by MADE Program and Syracuse Academy providing students with the unique opportunity to enroll in the 1st year of Bachelor Degree program in Design, Fashion or Visual Arts with courses taught in English.
During the program, international students also attend Italian language classes to reach the necessary level to continue with their studies, interact with the local community and work in Italy.
The International Year One awards Italian Ministry of Education university-level academic credits and grants admission to the 2nd and 3rd years of bachelor degree programs at MADE Fine Arts and Design Academy. Alternatively, students may choose to apply for credit transfer to any other University, Fine Arts Academy and Design School in Italy.
- 3 tracks available:
- Visual Arts
- Fashion & Textile Design (Autumn semester in Sicily + Spring semester in Tuscany)
- Scholarship reserved to all students that decide to continue the 2nd and 3rd year of the Bachelor degree at MADE Program: the yearly scholarship value is a 50% waiver on International Tuition Fees
- Option to take part in the MADE LABS International Summer School in the month of July.
- Official CILS or CELI Italian language certification upon completion of the program.
About Syracuse Academy
Syracuse Academy is an international school specialized in language and culture programs with a focus on Mediterranean Studies. Syracuse Academy is a University of Siena CILS local center.
Located in the city center of the city of Syracuse (Sicily), next to St. John’s Church, which gives access to the Catacombs and the Crypt of St. Marcian: the first place of Christian worship in the West, where St. Paul is said to have preached. The villa is also adjacent to the Archaeological Museum and the Basilica of Our Lady of Tears, while the Greek Theater and the island of Ortygia are a short walk away.
Does the International Year One allow students to enroll in any art and design degree program in Italy?
Upon completion of the Foundation Year program, students may choose to apply to any University or Design Academy in Italy, having achieved the necessary pre-requisites for linguistic competence and the minimum number of secondary school years required for application to undergraduate BA degrees in Italy. Depending on the university, students may be asked to provide additional documentation or to pass an entrance exam for admission to the program of choice.
Completion of the Foundation Year program grants direct admission to the BA courses at MADE Program | Fine Arts and Design Academy in Syracuse.
All students that enroll in a BA at MADE after completing the Foundation Year receive an annual scholarship of € 4,500 partially covering tuition fees for the entire duration of the program.
What are the prerequisites for enrollment in the International Year One?
Students applying to join the International Year One should provide the following documents:
- Secondary school leaving certificate or diploma (minimum of 12 years of education)
- English language B2 (Upper intermediate) level certificate: IELTS 5.5, Cambridge First or equivalent)
- Statement of Motivation
What are the program dates?
The International Year One is a 11-month on-site program:
August 2021 — July 2022
Tuition Fee: € 8,100
Application Fee: €350
Fees are payable in 3 instalments.
What are the program deadlines?
To apply to the program, students should follow the following steps:
- Fill the form Ask for information
- Complete payment of the Application Fee (€ 350)
Students that complete the application will receive an offer and the program contract. To complete the enrolment students should then:
- Make the payment of the 1st installment of the tuition fee
- Sign the program contracts
Tuition Fee Payment deadlines:
- 1st instalment (50%) is to be paid at least one month prior to the start date of the program:
September 1st, 2021
- 2nd instalment (50%) is to be paid by:
December 17th, 2021
NB. non-EU students that require a study visa should pay the 1st instalment of the Tuition Fees at least 60 days prior to the start of the program in order to receive the letter of enrolment for the Italian Consulate.